Teads, the global media platform, announced financial results and shared operational highlights for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. Teads reported revenue of $678 million for fiscal 2021, an increase 25% year over year.
Our continued innovation in privacy-centric advertising is gaining traction in the industry by enabling our clients to target key audiences in cookie-free environments.
Jeremy Arditi, Co-CEO of Teads, said, “Teads delivered strong financial performance and continued to innovate and advance new advertising solutions throughout 2021, helping leading brands and their agencies navigate a increasingly complex open web. Our continued innovation in privacy-centric advertising is gaining traction in the industry by enabling our clients to target key audiences in cookie-free environments. At the same time, we provide new technologies and solutions to our publisher partners to better prepare them for a world without cookies. Throughout 2021, we signed a number of new global joint business partnerships with some of the world’s biggest brands. Our performance advertising business, focused on traffic acquisition and conversion, was a strong contributor to our 2021 results, growing 65% year-over-year. Performance advertising currently represents a significant portion of our total revenue. Overall, we continue to increase our investment in engineering and sales talent to drive continued organic growth. Finally, at a time when trust and transparency in media has never been more important, we will continue to champion the world’s best publishers as a trusted monetization partner. »
2021 Operational Highlights
- Creation of the first cookieless platform on the open web: Teads’ leadership in innovation continues, announcing new technology that established the first cookieless platform designed for the open web. In 2021, Teads released a major update to its ad buying portal, Teads Ad Manager (“TAM”), allowing advertisers to enable cookie-free campaigns throughout the marketing cycle, including planning, targeting, dissemination and reporting. This is a major milestone for Teads and the industry as it provides all Teads advertisers, agencies and publisher partners with a significant advantage in today’s increasingly cookieless world. Teads has also rolled out a Cookieless Readiness initiative to help brands and their agencies conduct head-to-head testing that demonstrates media KPI performance and brand enhancement for cookieless campaigns meet or exceed. to those of cookie-based campaigns. With approximately 40% of global web traffic already not using third-party cookies(1), Teads expects its leadership and innovation in the zero-cookie space to be a significant growth driver in the future. to come up.
- Launch of the CTV offer: Building on its expertise in video, Teads has launched its Connected TV (CTV) offer. The addition of CTV by Teads, which is still in beta, gives advertisers and their agencies the ability to seamlessly purchase a new range of high attention premium media. By adding TV devices to the mix, advertisers can now buy on TV, mobile and desktop.
- New commercial partnerships signed with leading brands: The world’s biggest brands continue to partner with Teads to achieve massive reach in high-quality environments on the open web. By signing a joint business partnership, brands commit to meeting annual spend targets and gain access to dedicated teams to make the most of data, audience targeting, creative platform and industry-leading insights. Teads in order to achieve superior results.
- Continued editor expansion: Teads continues to sign new and renew existing partnerships with leading publishers around the world in key local markets. Many Teads deals are made on an exclusive basis to deliver inRead videos and display advertisements within editorial text. In 2021, Teads had direct integrations with over 2,800 publishers around the world. For 2021, we have retained 98% of our top 500 publishers from 2020, demonstrating continued satisfaction and confidence in the demand for quality delivered by Teads.
- Well-received performance advertising product updates: In 2021, Teads also released major updates to its performance marketing products and currently offers one of the most advanced web traffic acquisition solutions on the market. Teads first introduced performance advertising in 2018, which continues to contribute significantly to overall revenue growth. The success of the platform with its performance allows Teads to compete for spend throughout the marketing funnel, complementing the brand’s advertising business.
- Measuring the attention economy: Teads has been at the forefront of attention economy research, working with Havas and dentsu to better quantify attention and how advertisers can go beyond viewability to better predict results campaigns.
- Adding Talent and Expanding Company Footprint: In 2021, Teads recruited over 230 new employees and, at the end of fiscal 2021, had 1,035 full-time employees in 26 countries around the world. Teads plans to double its technology workforce over the next 18 months to launch new product initiatives and increase market share. With the technology hub located in Montpellier, France, Teads has been successful in attracting and retaining top engineering talent.